Dr. Norwood was born in Shreveport and grew up in Bossier City. He attended Airline High School and completed his undergraduate education, consisting of a Bachelor of Science in Biology, in 2002 from Centenary College of Louisiana in Shreveport. He then attended LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport, obtaining his medical doctorate in 2006. His surgical internship was undertaken at U.T. Health Sciences Center in Memphis, Tennessee. It was there that he also completed his urology residency training, serving as chief resident during the 2010-2011 academic year.
Dr. Norwood is a member of the American Urological Association and has presented papers at its sectional and national meetings in the past. Other memberships include the Shreveport Medical Society and the Louisiana State Medical Society. Although he is trained in all aspects of general urology, his special interests include complex stone disease and endourology, laparoscopic oncological and reconstructive kidney surgery, and minimally invasive techniques for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Dr. Norwood is married to Jennifer Specht Norwood, who is from Minden. He has three children, Emma, Noah, and Fletcher. His hobbies include traveling, flying, fitness, and hunting.
Accepting new patients:
- Centenary College of Louisiana, Bachelor of Science in Biology, 2002.
- LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport, Doctor of Medicine, 2006
- Internship, Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, 2006-2007.
- Resident, Department of Urology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, 2007-2010.
- Chief Resident, Department of Urology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, 2010-2011.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Urology
- American Urological Association
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Shreveport Medical Society