Dr. Palmer was born in Gainesville, Florida and was raised in Baton Rouge were he went to Broadmoor High School and LSU. He graduated with a Degree in Psychology. He went to medical school at LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport and received his MD degree in 1979. Dr. Palmer completed residency training at the LSU affiliated hospitals in Shreveport and did a fellowship at Wake Forest University/North Carolina Baptist hospital in Winston-Salem North Carolina.
Dr. Palmer has 3 adult children who live in New York, San Francisco and New Orleans so he has fun places to visit. He loves LSU football and can be found in Tiger Stadium on most Saturday nights in the fall. He also enjoys golf and reading.
Accepting new patients:
- LSU Baton Rouge, Bachelor of science in Psychology. 1975
- LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport, Doctor of Medicine, 1979
- Surgical Internship, LSU Affiliated Hospitals in Shreveport, 1979-1980
- Urology Residency, also at LSU Affiliated Hospitals in Shreveport, 1980-1984
- Fellowship in Urologic Oncology, Wake Forest University/North Carolina Baptist Hospital, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 1984-1985
- Board Certified by the American Board of Urology
- American Urological Association
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Shreveport Medical Society