Dr. Spann was born and raised in West Monroe, LA where she attended Ouachita Christian School. She then completed her undergraduate education at Louisiana Tech University in 2005, obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences and minor in Chemistry. She went on to attend LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport, obtaining her medical doctorate in 2009. Her surgical internship and urology residency training, including serving as chief resident during 2013-2014 academic year, were completed at LSUHSC-Shreveport.
Dr. Spann is trained in all aspects of general adult and pediatric urology. She has developed a special interest in urologic stone disease and endourology, female urology and pediatric urology. In addition, she has become a champion of the MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser. She strives for personal and comfortable individualized medical care. Read more on the MonaLisa Touch.
Dr. Spann is married to Shane Spann and has three children: Reed, Tessa and Sol. Her spare time is spent with her young children and family and typically includes weekends at “the land”or the ballpark.
Accepting new patients:
- Louisiana Tech University, Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences, minor in chemistry, 2005.
- LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport, Doctor of Medicine, 2009.
- Internship, Department of Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center-Shreveport, Louisiana, 2009-2010.
- Resident, Department of Urology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center-Shreveport, Louisiana, 2010-2013.
- Chief Resident, Department of Urology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center-Shreveport, Louisiana, 2013-2014.
- American Board of Urology, 2016.
- American Urological Association
- American Medical Association
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Shreveport Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Society of Women in Urology
- Endourological Society
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons