Originally from Baltimore, Maryland, Dr. Kurt Grozinger graduated from The Johns Hopkins University and Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. After completing an internship at St. Joseph’s Hospital he practiced Emergency Medicine for four years in Houston, Texas. He subsequently moved to Shreveport, Louisiana and completed a residency in Diagnostic Radiology at LSU-Shreveport (1981-1984). He then practiced Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology at Bossier Medical Center until 2001. During his tenure at Bossier Medical Center he was Medical Director of Radiology and served in various administrative positions on the medical staff including Chief of Staff. In 2001, Dr. Grozinger associated with Regional Urology and has been affiliated with them ever since.
Dr. Grozinger has a special interest in body imaging, musculoskeletal imaging, and particularly genitourinary radiology. MRI of the prostate has been a special area of interest for a number of years. Most recently he has helped institute a program for MRI targeted fusion biopsies of the prostate at Regional Urology.
Dr. Grozinger is married to Priscilla Grozinger, originally from New London, Texas. They have three children, Patrick, Elizabeth, and Hart. His hobbies include golf, snow skiing, hiking, and music.
- The Johns Hopkins University, Bachelor of Arts, major in biochemistry, 1972.
- Baylor College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, 1976.
- Internship, St. Joseph’s Hospital, University of Texas Houston, 1976-77.
- Department of Radiology, LSU-Shreveport, 1981-1984 (Chief Resident).
- American Board of Diagnostic Radiology, board certified 1985.
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Louisiana State Urological Association
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Shreveport Medical Society