Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Schedule appointments for patients.
o Answer the telephone promptly and in a professional manner.
o Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into AllScripts (address, telephone number, name of insurance or self-pay status).
o Schedule appointment accurately and review appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller.
o Inform patient of items to bring to appointment (including insurance card, medications, office visit fees).
o Remind patient to arrive 15 to 30 minutes before scheduled appointment to complete paperwork.
o Remind patient of cancellation/no-show policy.
o Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization
Act as a liaison for the patients and the Health Center:
o Transfer calls to the appropriate staff member
o Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
o Understand when to escalate calls to physicians/supervisor/triage nurse.
o Make reminder calls as requested.
o Make calls to reschedule appointments when necessary.
o Provide assistance with mailings and other projects as call volume permits.
Other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
– Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
– Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone.
– Ability to relate to persons with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds.
– Ability to handle a “call center” environment: work quickly and multi-task.
– Ability to exercise good judgment to handle calls appropriately.
– Ability to demonstrate good customer service.
Associate’s Degree or related healthcare certification required.
1-3 years preferred of experience in customer service and/or related clinical environment; working knowledge of medical terminology
Job Type: Full-time